City Seeks Feedback on Brackenridge Park Master Plan
Jun 09 2016 - Written By: Katie Walse
City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department will host five meetings over four weeks to gather public input on the drastic changes and improvements proposed in the Brackenridge Park Master Plan.
City staff will give an overview of the master plan at each meeting before breaking into stations, each of which will tackle different aspects of the plan, from parking garages to historic preservation to landscaping. Attendees can speak to the group, vote on different ideas, and submit comment cards.
Citizens are encouraged to email comments to BrackenridgeParkMasterPlan@sanantonio.gov or mail to Parks and Recreation, Attn: Brackenridge Park Master Plan, PO BOX 839966, San Antonio, TX 78283-3966.
City staff will tally the votes, read through comments, and survey the results of the five meetings to better understand where public opinion stands on each of the master plan’s propositions.
“Nothing to date has been adopted or approved, so this is just an extended comment period for people to provide that input,” said Homer Garcia, San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department acting assistant director. “Because at the end of the day, the park use will not change. The master plan is more of a vision we want to achieve, not necessarily an implementation plan.”
The meetings will be from 6-8 p.m. in various quadrants of the city:
- Tuesday, June 14 – Lions Field Adult and Senior Center, 2809 Broadway St.
- Tuesday, June 21 – Doris Griffin Senior One-Stop Center, 6157 NW Loop 410, Ste. 120
- Monday, June 27 – Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Theater, 1301 Guadalupe
- Monday, June 28 – Carver Community Cultural Center, 226 North Hackberry
- Thursday, July 7 – Phil Hardberger Park Urban Ecology Center, 8400 NW Military Hwy
- Wednesday, July 13 – Ramirez Community Center, 1011 Gillette Blvd
Learn more by clicking here for the article from Rivard Report.
Back to News